Chemical Watch: Apple, Dell, HP commit to protect workers from hazardous chemicals
Chemical Watch, the leading global provider of independent intelligence for product safety professionals managing chemicals, has published an article showcasing the Toward Zero Exposure program and the commitment made by Founding Signatories Apple, Dell Technologies, and HP Inc.
Managing editor Leigh Stringer highlighted the program's potential to scale and Signatories' commitment to:
- Protect workers from exposure to Priority Chemicals in the electronics supply chain, prioritizing elimination or substitution with safer alternatives and protecting workers until that is achieved
- Collect data on company and supplier facility use of process chemicals to support collective mapping across supply chains
- Build safety systems and culture around process chemical management through support for the maturation of governance systems that protect the health of workers, where workers are consulted, informed and actively participating
- Work with selected suppliers to join the Commitment Program to reduce worker exposure to toxic chemicals in the extended electronics supply chain
- Ensure progress towards implementing the Commitments through verification and annual reporting to workers and the public